Sunday, June 15, 2014

Audio!!!!


Audio Pal – I liked this one because it gave you the options of "phoning it in," or typing the text and having an automated voice read it.
Voki – I liked this one because students can create an avatar to go with their voice.  The only drawback I see would be the time it takes to set the audio and avatar up.
Vocaroo - I found this one easy to use and the audio can be sent directly to social media or other applications which make it perfect for classroom use.

All three of these would be useful in a classroom. I used a Samsung Google Chromebook, which some of the school systems nearby are issuing to their middle and high school students. These computers have built in microphones and were compatible with all sites. These could be used for students to narrate reports and create their own podcasts for weekly discussions on what they've been reading, current events, or brainstorming projects. As far as the other tools I explored, I was already familiar with Audacity and have used that to record via PC before. 

#NerdyCastI liked this podcast because it's a teacher talking to other teachers and covering nerdy things. The particular episode, episode 3, I listened to showcased a good discussion on teacher blogs. The conversation was interesting as the two educators discussed how they use their blog and other blogs to come up with ideas and chronicle their successes, and importantly, as they point out, their failures.

No comments:

Post a Comment